Monday, November 4, 2013

music monday


twitter | instagram | youtube

You know that feeling you get after spending 6 hours discovering new music on your laptop in a dark room, illuminated only by the unnatural light of a laptop screen 3 inches away from your face? That feeling of exhaustion mixed with unending power. The feeling of "Yes, finally, a new playlist to drown out the sounds of early morning traffic and 'friendly banter' from the cubicle over". That's the feeling I got when I first heard The Preatures' "Is This How You Feel?". Fortunately, I didn't have to spend hours clicking through the suggested videos column in YouTube to find this song (I can't be the only person who does this). It was hand delivered (by way of internet, of course) to me via a music playlist website I frequent.

This song is so good, my 5 year old brother joined in on the impromptu dance party that ensued (kid has great taste in music). In songs like "Is This How You Feel?" and "Manic Baby", the sounds of disco-revival are obvious but there is still an unmistakeable psychadelic inspiration (think the Black Angels meets Donna Summers) and I'm more than OK with that. Watch the official video below and try not to break out into your best (dang near coolest) lead singer (ever), Isabella Manfredi, impersonation.



No comments:

Post a Comment